Menu X Menu
How may we help you?


How to Do Business in Wyoming with a Delaware Company
Companies Served Since 1981

How to Do Business in Wyoming with a Delaware Company

By Devin Scott Tuesday, February 14, 2017

operate a delaware corporation in wyoming

When it comes to incorporating your business, Delaware is more often than not the popular choice. Delaware has for many years been recognized as having the strongest corporate law structure.


Delaware is known for its strong corporate veil, which puts up a metaphoric wall between your business assets and your personal assets. If a company ever has an issue with liability, most business owners would rather have incorporated their business in Delaware in order to be under the protection of Delaware’s business-friendly law structure.


When incorporating in Delaware, your business is domestic to Delaware and foreign to every other state. If your business will have a physical presence by operating, hiring employees, banking or even holding an asset in a state other than its state of incorporation, owners often foreign qualify the business to operate in that state as a foreign entity.


This process is called Foreign Qualification. If you would like your Delaware LLC or corporation to operate in the state of Wyoming, you will have to file for Foreign Qualification in order to be granted the authority to do business in Wyoming from the state.


The document that Wyoming issues to prove you are foreign qualified is called a Certificate of Authority. There are several steps you must complete in order to obtain a Certificate of Authority from the state of Wyoming so that you may operate your Delaware company there.


Wyoming, like many states, has a state fee, an application process and also requires a Certificate of Good Standing from Delaware. Please note that the Delaware Certificate of Good Standing must be less than 60 days old. Wyoming also requires that you have a Registered Agent in the state of Wyoming.


Once you have completed the Foreign Qualification process and are registered as a foreign entity in Wyoming, please keep in mind you will be responsible for the Wyoming annual fees as well as the Delaware compliance fees. Wyoming’s annual report will be due on the first day of your anniversary month of the registration.


For assistance with your Wyoming Foreign Qualification, Registered Agent Service or if you have any additional questions, please feel free to call us at 1-800-345-2677, Ext. 6130 or email us at  


More By Devin Scott


Comment Facebook Twitter Google Reddit LinkedIn

Leave a Comment


* Required

Email Address:

* Required, will not be published

Website: Comment:  
Secure Connection
X Secure & Confidential

Your personal information is encrypted by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.

X Our customers love us!
We have lots of great customer reviews.
Like our service? If you are one of our many satisfied customers, please let us know.
BBB A+ Rating
X A+ Rated BBB Accredited Business

Need more proof that we're the best? Check out our record!

100,000+ Companies Formed

Companies Formed Since 1981

Disclaimer: Harvard Business Services, Inc. is a document filing service that provides general information. We cannot render legal or financial advice and your use of this site is subject to additional terms and conditions. HBS is not affiliated with Harvard University.

© Copyright 1996-2017. All rights reserved.