Corporate compliance is the steps a corporation takes to make sure its corporate veil cannot be pierced. In order to maintain compliance, a company must stay current on all its annual maintenance requirements. Learn more about corporate maintenance requirements here.

Virginia LLC Registration for a Delaware LLC By Devin Scott Monday, October 17, 2016 Virginia LLC registration for a Delaware LLCEach state has different requirements for Foreign Qualification. Virginia, like most states, has an application process and a state fee for Virginia registration for a Delaware LLC. The state of Virginia also requires additional documentation from your Delaware LLC... Read More
Doing Business in Maryland as a Delaware LLC By Devin Scott Monday, September 12, 2016 delaware llc doing business in marylandMaryland, like many other states, has an application process and a state fee for Delaware companies that operate there. The process in which a Delaware LLC registers in Maryland is called Foreign Qualification... Read More
Delaware Certificate of Good Standing: FAQs By Michael Bell Tuesday, August 16, 2016 Delaware Certificate of Good StandingBanks, angel investors, VC investors and other reasons you may need a Certificate of Good Standing. This certified document, which is produced by the Delaware Secretary of State’s office, is required for real estate closings as well as accounting and legal matters... Read More
Doing Business in Florida as a Foreign Corporation By Devin Scott Tuesday, August 9, 2016 If you are operating a Delaware corporation in Florida, your corporation will be domestic to Delaware but considered a foreign corporation doing business in Florida. People initially form a Delaware corporation and then register as a foreign entity in Florida (as the same business). This process is called Foreign Qualification... Read More
How to Register a Business in California By Paul Sponaugle Tuesday, July 5, 2016 how to register a business in californiaIf your corporation or LLC generates income or maintains tangible property in California, you are doing business there and will need to foreign qualify your company... Read More
My Company Is Not In Good Standing...Now What? By Amy Fountain Tuesday, June 14, 2016 My Company Is Not In Good StandingPerhaps you have not kept up with the annual Delaware filings for your company for several years, and now your company is not in good standing—it's in a void, forfeit or cancelled status... Read More
Keep your Delaware LLC or Corporation in Compliance By Devin Scott Monday, May 2, 2016 keep your Delaware LLC or corporation in complianceFor companies that operate in Delaware in a brick-and-mortar business, home business or online business, there are additional requirements to maintain compliance, such as business licenses or permits... Read More
Registered Agent for Foreign Qualification By Brett Melson Tuesday, January 19, 2016 registered agent for foreign qualificationDoes your company need a Registered Agent to help you file for Foreign Qualification in another state?.. Read More
FBAR Filing and FATCA Reporting By Devin Scott Monday, November 16, 2015 FBAR filing and FATCA reportingIf you are a United States citizen with a bank account in a foreign country, it is important you understand the differences between FBAR filing and FATCA reporting as well as the necessity of adhering to IRS stipulations of both... Read More
How to Get an ITIN Number (or EIN Number) By Brett Melson Tuesday, October 13, 2015 how to get an itin numberThe term “ITIN” stands for Individual Tax Identification Number. Any person who needs a tax identification number but is not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number can apply for an ITIN. An ITIN is easy to identify, as it always begins with the number “9.” An ITIN does not qualify a person to legally work in the United States, nor does it provide eligibility or access to Social Security benefits. ITIN’s are issued by the Internal Revenue Service... Read More