How to Register Your Delaware Company in Oklahoma

register a delaware company in oklahoma

Typically, when business owners form an LLC or corporation in any state, the idea is to put a wall of protection up between the professional and personal lives of the owners. The state of Delaware is considered by many to put the biggest wall between a company owner and his/her professional liabilities.

This is why business people from all over the world prefer to form Delaware companies when it is time to incorporate their businesses.

When incorporating in Delaware, your business is domestic to Delaware and foreign to every other state. The process in which your state of operation gives you permission to operate there with your Delaware company is called Foreign Qualification.

Oklahoma, like many other states, requires an application process and a state fee, and also expects a Certificate of Good Standing from Delaware. The Certificate of Good Standing proves that your company currently retains a Registered Agent and is up-to-date on their Franchise Tax payments.

This Certificate of Good Standing is required by Oklahoma even if your Delaware company is new. This is true for both LLCs and corporations; in addition, the Certificate of Good Standing cannot be more than 60 days old.

Your company will also have to hire a Registered Agent in the state of Oklahoma who can receive any service of process your business may get from the state.

Once registered in Oklahoma, please keep in mind that you are responsible to stay in compliance with their annual requirements as well as the annual requirements for Delaware. Your Registered Agent will often send those notices well in advance.

If you need assistance registering your Delaware LLC or corporation in Oklahoma, or have additional questions, please call 1-800-345-2677, Ext 6130 or email

*Disclaimer*: Harvard Business Services, Inc. is neither a law firm nor an accounting firm and, even in cases where the author is an attorney, or a tax professional, nothing in this article constitutes legal or tax advice. This article provides general commentary on, and analysis of, the subject addressed. We strongly advise that you consult an attorney or tax professional to receive legal or tax guidance tailored to your specific circumstances. Any action taken or not taken based on this article is at your own risk. If an article cites or provides a link to third-party sources or websites, Harvard Business Services, Inc. is not responsible for and makes no representations regarding such source’s content or accuracy. Opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect those of Harvard Business Services, Inc.

More By Devin Scott
Leave a Comment
* Required
* Required, will not be published