Menu X Menu
How may we help you?


Our Services
Companies Served Since 1981
1 7 5 2 7 7

Obtaining a Tax ID or EIN Number for a Delaware Company

Obtaining a Tax ID Number for a Delaware company
get an EIN number

After forming a Delaware corporation or LLC, the next step is to obtain a Federal Tax ID Number (also known as an Employer Identification Number or EIN).


Obtain a Tax ID
Form a Company and Obtain a Tax ID

Think of the EIN as the social security number for your company. It is a nine digit number that is issued by the IRS (for example, 01-2345678).


Just as a social security number is important for U.S. citizens to have, the Federal Tax ID Number is necessary for an LLC or corporation to lawfully conduct business activities, especially if you're operating a business in the United States.


All U.S. companies are required to have an EIN to open a U.S. bank account, obtain loans, hire employees and more.

How Do You Obtain an EIN Number?

We offer an inexpensive service to assist you with obtaining a Federal Tax ID for your company from the IRS. This fast and easy service allows you to avoid dealing with the often-confusing IRS forms and procedures, and also includes professional customer support.


Our processing time for EIN orders will depend on how we are able to submit your filing to the IRS. If a filing contains a non-U.S. address or the member does not have a TIN (Tax Identification Number) issued by the United States, it must be submitted by fax.


All other filings will be prcoessed online unless the EIN cannot be obtained, in which case it will have to be faxed. Processing times begin after we receive the signed SS4 form.


Orders submitted online to the IRS: 3 - 4 business days

Orders submitted by fax to the IRS: 15 - 20 business days



Harvard Business Services EIN prices


If you're forming a new company with us, you can save time and request that we obtain the EIN for you when we file your corporation or LLC.


When you fill out our company order form, simply select that you would like for us to obtain your Federal Tax ID number, as well as which delivery timeframe you prefer, and we'll take care of the rest.


Form a company and obtain an EIN Get a Tax ID number for my company


What to Do If You Lose Your EIN

It's not uncommon for an EIN to get misplaced. If you can't locate the Federal Tax ID Number for your company, there are several ways to find it. If we obtained the EIN on behalf of your company, we can provide the number to you. Simply call us at 800-345-2677 and we'll be happy to assist you. Please be advised we will resend the number to the email address we have on file.


If we did not obtain the EIN for you, look at your company records. When you applied for an EIN, the IRS issued you a computer-generated notice that confirmed your application. Your EIN should be on this notice.


If you can't locate this notice, contact your company's bank. Your Federal Tax ID was required to open the business bank account, and the bank should be able to provide the number to you.


If you're still unable to find your EIN, you can contact the IRS directly at 800-829-4933 from 7 AM to 10 PM, Monday through Friday. Please be advised there is often a wait time to speak with a representative. Once the IRS has established you are an authorized representative for your company, they will provide you with the number.


Please note: Harvard Business Services, Inc. is not affiliated with the state of Delaware or the IRS.


Related Articles from our blog
Secure Connection
X Secure & Confidential

Your personal information is encrypted by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.

X Our customers love us!
We have lots of great customer reviews.
Like our service? If you are one of our many satisfied customers, please let us know.
BBB A+ Rating
X A+ Rated BBB Accredited Business

Need more proof that we're the best? Check out our record!

100,000+ Companies Formed

Companies Formed Since 1981

Disclaimer: Harvard Business Services, Inc. is a document filing service that provides general information. We cannot render legal or financial advice and your use of this site is subject to additional terms and conditions. HBS is not affiliated with Harvard University.

© Copyright 1996-2017. All rights reserved.