Nevada Certificate of Authority

Request Information

Related: Get a Nevada Registered Agent

If your company was not incorporated in Nevada, but you wish to do business there, you need to register as a foreign entity with the state.

Acquiring Nevada Foreign Qualification allows a company formed in Delaware or any other state to legally transact business in Nevada.

Please note: information on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, requirements and costs can be changed by states at any time and Harvard Business Services cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.

How to Get a Certificate of Authority in Nevada:

The Nevada Secretary of State requires different forms and fees depending on what type of entity you are operating.

Foreign Qualification Requirements for LLCs:

  • File a Foreign (Non-Nevada) LLC Application for Registration
  • Fee: $75 + $150 initial list fee + $200 Business License fee
  • In Nevada, a Certificate of Good Standing is not required. 

Foreign Qualification Requirements for Corporations:

  • File an Application for Foreign (Non-Nevada) Corporation Qualification 
  • Fee for Nonstock Corporations: $50 + $50 initial list fee
  • Fee for Stock Corporations: $500 + $150 initial list fee + $200 Business License fee
  • In Nevada, a Certificate of Good Standing is not required. 

You must also appoint and list a Nevada Registered Agent. The Registered Agent must be maintained at all times. Harvard Business Services can provide this service at a cost of just $99/year.

Harvard Business Services can assist with your application so you don’t have to deal with the Nevada Secretary of State directly. We do charge our own fee for this service, in addition to state fees. The exact fee can vary based upon whether your company is already filed and whether you need us to obtain additional documents to meet the state’s requirements. Please contact us for an exact quote.

How Do I Know If I Need a Nevada Certificate of Authority?

In Nevada, a Certificate of Authority is required. Some of the most common reasons for applying for a certificate of authority include:

  • Opening a physical office or location
  • Hiring employees
  • Maintaining bank accounts
  • Licensing authority
  • Beginning a contract or job in the state 

Keep in mind that even if a Nevada Certificate of Authority is not required for a specific activity, a bank, vendor or another party can still require one in order to establish a relationship.

Nevada Annual Requirements

Once you have Foreign Qualification in Nevada, state law requires entities to file an annual report. These are to be filed by all corporations and limited liability companies and are due by the end of the month of the anniversary date.

Foreign Stock Corporations annual report fee depends on the number of authorized shares. The minimum fee is $150. In addition to the filing fee, a business license renewal fee of $500 is also due when filing an annual report. 

Foreign Non-Profit Corporations annual report fee is $50. Non-Profits do not have a business renewal fee.

Foreign LLCs and LPs annual report fees are $150. Each entity also will pay $200 for a business renewal fee at the time of filing.  

Please note that this annual requirement is independent from requirements you may have in Delaware or other states.

Since 1981, Harvard Business Services, Inc. has helped form 402,767 Delaware corporations and LLCs for people all over the world.

Registered Agent Service

Harvard Business Services, Inc. guarantees your annual Delaware Registered Agent Fee will remain fixed at $50 per company, per year, for the life of your company.