Filing a Foreign Corporation or LLC in Wyoming

Request Information

Related: Get a Wyoming Registered Agent

If your company was not incorporated in Wyoming, but you wish to do business there, you need to register as a foreign entity with the state.

Known as Foreign Qualification, this process allows a company formed in Delaware or any other state to legally transact business in Wyoming.

Please note: information on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, requirements and costs can be changed by states at any time and Harvard Business Services cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.

How to Get a Certificate of Authority in Wyoming:

The Wyoming Secretary of State requires different forms and fees depending on what type of entity you are operating. To file a foreign LLC, foreign LP, or foreign Corporation, the cost is $150. A foriegn non-profit corporation cost $50. All entities must also provide a Certificate of Good Standing dated within 60 days of their application.

You must also appoint and list a Wyoming Registered Agent. The Registered Agent must be maintained at all times. Harvard Business Services can provide this service at a cost of just $99/year.

Harvard Business Services can assist with your application so you don’t have to deal with the Wyoming Secretary of State directly. We do charge our own fee for this service, in addition to state fees. The exact fee can vary based upon whether your company is already filed and whether you need us to obtain additional documents to meet the state’s requirements. Please contact us for an exact quote.

How Do I Know if I Need a Wyoming Certificate of Authority?

The most common reasons for applying for a certificate of authority include:

  • Opening a physical office or location
  • Hiring employees
  • Licensing authority
  • Beginning a contract or job in the state 

Keep in mind that even if the State of Wyoming does not require a Certificate of Authority for a specific activity, a bank, vendor or another party can still require one in order to establish a relationship.

Wyoming Annual Requirements

Once you have Foreign Qualification in Wyoming, state law requires annual report to be filed by all corporations, limited liability companies, and limited partnerships.

The annual report is due the anniversay of the 1st day of the month your business was incorprated. So, if you began your business on May 15th, your annual report would be due on May 1st. You are able to file an annual report online or in paper form. Fees for filing an annual report range from $50-$500+, including fees. If your annual report fee exceeds $500, you must file it in paper form. 

Please note that this annual requirement is independent from requirements you may have in Delaware or other states.

Since 1981, Harvard Business Services, Inc. has helped form 289,153 Delaware corporations and LLCs for people all over the world.

Registered Agent Service

Harvard Business Services, Inc. guarantees your annual Delaware Registered Agent Fee will remain fixed at $50 per company, per year, for the life of your company.