Oklahoma Certificate of Authority

Request Information

Related: Get a Oklahoma Registered Agent

If your company was not incorporated in Oklahoma, but you wish to do business there, you need to register as a foreign entity with the state.

Acquiring Oklahoma Foreign Qualification allows a company formed in Delaware or any other state to legally transact business in Oklahoma.

Please note: information on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, requirements and costs can be changed by states at any time and Harvard Business Services cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.

How to Get an Oklahoma Certificate of Authority:

The Oklahoma Secretary of State - Business Filings Department requires different forms and fees depending on what type of entity you are operating.

Foreign Qualification Requirements for LLCs:

  • File Registration of Foreign Limited Liability Company
  • Fee: $300
  • In Oklahoma, a Certificate of Good Standing is required, dated within 60 days of the application. 

Foreign Qualification Requirements for Corporations:

  • File an Application for a Certificate of Qualification 
  • Stock Corporation Fee: Depends on the total of authorized capital. Minimum $300
  • Nonprofit Fee: $300 
  • In Oklahoma, a Certificate of Good Standing is required, dated within 60 days of the application. 

You must also appoint and list a Oklahoma Registered Agent. The Registered Agent must be maintained at all times. Harvard Business Services can provide this service at a cost of just $99/year.

Harvard Business Services can assist with your application so you don’t have to deal with the Oklahoma Secretary of State directly. We do charge our own fee for this service, in addition to state fees. The exact fee can vary based upon whether your company is already filed and whether you need us to obtain additional documents to meet the state’s requirements. Please contact us for an exact quote.

How Do I Know If I Need an Oklahoma Certificate of Authority?

The most common reasons for applying for an Oklahoma Certificate of Authority include:

  • Opening a physical office or location
  • Hiring employees
  • Licensing authority
  • Beginning a contract or job in the state 

Keep in mind that even if an Oklahoma Certificate of Authority is not required for a specific activity, a bank, vendor or another party can still require one in order to establish a relationship.

Oklahoma Annual Requirements

Once you have Foreign Qualification in Oklahoma, state law requires an annual certificate be filed by all limited liability companies and limited partnerships. The fee for LLC is $25 and is due by the anniversary date of the company's establishment. LPs annual fee is $50 and is also due annually during the registration anniversary month.

Though corporations do not have to file an annual certificate with the Secretary of State, they do have to pay an annual franchise tax to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. More information about the franchise tax can be found here.

Please note that this annual requirement is independent from requirements you may have in Delaware or other states.

Since 1981, Harvard Business Services, Inc. has helped form 406,441 Delaware corporations and LLCs for people all over the world.

Registered Agent Service

Harvard Business Services, Inc. guarantees your annual Delaware Registered Agent Fee will remain fixed at $50 per company, per year, for the life of your company.