Top 10 New Business-Related Words and Phrases
By Christina Cornelius
Friday, October 2, 2009
New words and phrases are always entertaining and they often are a sign of the times. Below, we have listed our favorites from the business & technology arena. We certainly are excited to add them to our vocabulary!
- Flexenomics – The economics of keeping ones spending and consuming flexible in an uncertain financial climate
- Instapreneur – An instant entrepreneur via online shops and selling services that allow anyone with something to sell, including an idea or a design, to go into business right now.
- Vlog – a blog that contains video material
- Virtual Friday – the last day of work or school due to an extended weekend
- Green Collar – of, relating to, or involving actions for protecting the natural environment
- Cyberslacking – using one’s employer’s internet and email facilities for personal activities during business hours
- Prebuttal – a rebuttal for an accusation before it is made
- Ego-surfing – surfing the internet for reference to oneself
- Mindshare- a company’s ability to occupy a piece of the public’s consciousness
- Sock Puppet – a false online identity