Tips for Becoming a Better Entrepreneur
By Carleigh Lowe
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Neil Patel is the founder of two successful internet companies and has years of experience as an entrepreneur. Recently, on his blog Quick Sprout he posted a great list filled with insightful lessons he has learned along the way. Check out the post 53 Ways to Become a Better Entrepreneur. Below is an excerpt:
Here are 53 things to keep in mind if you want to be a better entrepreneur:
- Don’t let emotions cloud your decisions.
- Accept criticism, no matter who gives it to you.
- Never stop networking.
- Learn from your own mistakes.
- Learn from other people's mistakes.
- Around every corner lies an opportunity for you to sell something.
- Don’t get too greedy…pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.
- Try not to mix your family life with your business life.
- No matter how successful you are, you shouldn’t stop learning.
- Spending money on good lawyers and accountants will save you more money in the long run.