You Can Form a Limited Partnership Online
By Michael Bell
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
You made the suggestion, and we listened. Harvard Business Services, Inc. is proud to announce you can form a limited partnership and sign up for our Registered Agent service for a Delaware limited partnership via our website.
When we revamped our site in February, we said we would continue to make it easier for our clients to do more online. This is just the start of many new things to come.
A limited partnership is generally comprised of both general and limited partners. Here is some brief information about the entity:
- The limited partners' personal assets are separate from the entity's liabilities, and are therefore protected. Typically, limited partners cannot participate in the management of the company.
- The general partner is typically involved in the company's daily activities, but their personal assets are not protected from the liabilities of the business. For that reason, a number of attorneys file a Delaware LLC or a Delaware corporation to act as the general partner.
- The limited partnership structure is often chosen by groups of investors in endeavors such as real estate development projects or business opportunities that are syndicated to private investors.
- Limited partnership investors only participate to earn a return on their investment. For various reasons (including taxes), they have no desire to be active participants in the business's daily management.
For more information, please visit our limited partnership page.
We offer three formation packages to help you form and file your Delaware limited partnership. The following is included in all of our packages:
- All Delaware fees
- Name check and clearance
- Preparation of articles
- Same-day electronic filing
- Certificate of limited partnership
- Digital copy of documents
- One complete year (12 full months) of Delaware registered agent service
- Lowest Delaware agent fee guaranteed $50/year
- Lifetime customer support
- FREE compliance coaching
- Much more!
The process to form a limited partnership is very simple. All we need to know is:
- The name of the company
- Contact person
- Street address
- Phone number
- Name and address of all general partner(s)
- Shipping/billing address
- Method of payment
Ready to form your Delaware limited partnership today? Get started with our easy-to-use online order form. You'll be done in minutes.
If you have any questions about the process or limited partnerships in general, please call (800-345-2677), email or live chat with us.